ADVERTISEMENT

Staff update 1/2

Kelly Quinlan

Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
Some more dominoes have fallen...

Oregon has 3 of 4 defensive spots filled after hiring Leavitt (DC) and two other defensive assistants Charles Clark (former Colorado CB coach) and Keith Heyward (Louisville DB coach). It is assumed Leavitt will coach LBs and they are looking for a DL coach.

Offensively Oregon has 3 of 5 spots filled with (DB) Donte Pimpleton, David Reaves and (WR) Jimmie Dougherty. Dameyune Craig is still talking to Taggart about the OC spot per our LSU and Auburn people and I would guess he might squeeze out King, that's why there is no news on King yet. I could see King and Reaves end up as co-OCs if that doesn't happen.

Shaun King and Raymond Woodie may still end up in assistant roles in Eugene, but Strong would like to keep King. Woodie has a role in Oregon, though it may not be on the field.

T.J. Weist could be in play at Michigan as the Wolverines are looking for an OC and a WR, two positions are open on the field. Harbaugh got him the job in Tampa. Weist would like to stay in Tampa ideally.

Eric Mathies is in the mix for the UNC DL job vacated when Tray Scott went from UNC to Ole Miss, another job Mathies as in the mix for.

Alonzo Hampton is in the mix for an assistant job at Tenn State and that would be a fallback job for Woodie.

Like I said before Darren Hiller is out as OL coach. I've not heard a peep on John Jancek's future.

Weist, King, Hampton, Jancek and Mathies will all interview with Charlie Strong formally this week.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]
[/COLOR]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News