ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING Hoops Dish

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
I've been working the phones this week as post season recruiting is in full swing for the Bulls and I've come up with a couple of nuggets.

Thursday (4/11) a USF assistant is expected to see two members of the 2020 class.

I've submitted a request for Basa-Ama to be rated a three-star prospect, which I believe will happen when we do our next rankings update, since he has added a face-up game and improved his ball handling. I've been watching Basa-Ama since September 2016 and it is great to see him take the very necessary step from 'run-jump-and-dunk' athlete to a prospect with more tools in his toolkit. He still needs to get stronger but there is time for that.

USF got pretty deep in the mix with Basa-Ama over the past 12 months and he is really feeling the Coaching Staff. I expect him to attend the USF Elite Camp this summer.

A USF assistant is expected to watch Tony Sanders work out at 6 p.m. Thursday. Sanders, who was ranked No. 67 in the 2020 class 15 months ago, has remained on the Bulls radar. When we first saw Sanders in December 2017 he was a lanky and athletic 6-foot-5 wing with a nice looking jump shot and the type of basketball body you look for in a wing. He has grown a few inches and finished his junior season averaging 20 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game for Gulliver Prep. Tonight Sanders told me that two new schools entered his recruitment -- Xavier and Michigan. No offer from those two yet, but they've been texting with him.

I've posted about Moss frequently during the season. He came to one practice in the fall and at least three USF games. Following one of the games his family attended they met with CBG for a few minutes in the basketball offices. Thursday CBG will make the drive to Windermere to watch Moss workout. Moss helped lead his Windermere HS team to the 8A semifinals in Lakeland.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News