ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING Coaches on the trail today

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
Bulls assistant coach Larry Dixon was at Stratford Academy (Macon, Georgia) today to watch Devin Butts during an early workout, according to Butts' father Derek. The elder Butts also told me that Florida, Wichita State and Georgia State came through yesterday to see Devin.

Seeing "Florida" in his text message caught me by surprise, but Derek Butts said that the Gators have been "flirting around for a month or two."

This is the second time in the past 10 days that Dixon has been in to see Devin Butts. When I said to the elder Butts that Coach Dixon is grinding, he said: "Yes he is.... he's doing an AWESOME JOB!! I love those guys, they're really truthful people."

According to his father, Devin Butts seems close to a decision. He visits Mississippi State this weekend and could announce his college choice within a week of returning from that visit.

Edgewater HS head coach Jason Atherton told me that Bulls assistant coach Scott Wagers was in early this morning to see 2020 SG Michael Eads at Edgewater HS (Orlando) during their workout. He added "They (USF) have a lot of interest in Eads."

Eads has offers from FAU, FIU and UNF.

I have heard that interest is developing between USF and 2020 Forward Zach Anderson at Apopka HS. Anderson is an athletic, high motor combo forward who I really like. In January I was very impressed while watching him defend Nassir Little at Orlando Christian Prep. This kid has a chance to be very good.

I have not confirmed that USF has seen Anderson lately, BUT, if Wagers was in Orlando this morning to see Eads, it would not surprise me if he also made it to Apopka to see Anderson.

Anderson has been offered by FGCU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News