ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING Visitors for USF vs. UCF

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
Thus far I have only confirmed that two prospects will attend tonight's game against UCF.

Zach Anderson, a 6-foot-7 class of 2020 forward from Apopka HS and Fanbo Zeng, a 6-foot-9 class of 2022 small forward at Windermere Prep out of China.

Anderson is kind of a Swiss Army Knife player that can do a lot of things very well. He had a good showing at last year's USF Elite Camp (see pic) and will likely be invited back this summer. In fact, his Twitter Avi is a pic of him in the USF Elite Camp jersey. When I saw him at the annual Fall Festival I noticed his ability to score in a half court offense was improving.

USF watched him during an open gym back in September and have stayed in contact with his HS Coach. Anderson is long, athletic and a good rebounder. Anderson holds offers from North Florida and Florida Gulf Coast.

5c76d1f364efe-ZachAnderson.jpg

(Photo by: Russ Wood)
I've only seen Zeng once and that was in a camp setting (see pic) about a month before he played the first game of his freshman season. At times he looked a bit uncomfortable, likely because he was playing with kids he didn't know and who didn't know that despite is height, Zeng is not a back-to-the-basket player. What I did see was a good basketball IQ and a HUGE amount of upside.

Zeng has offers from UAB, Tulane and Florida Gulf Coast. Each school offered in October 2018 before his freshman season started.

5c76d227622a3-FanboZeng01.jpg

(Photo by: Russ Wood)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News