ADVERTISEMENT

USF Football Spring Game Thoughts

Jan 3, 2013
I was there for the full game.

A couple of things, I spent time with Stephen Nicholas and it sounds like he's retired for good and will start his coaching career and try to come on as a Defensive graduate assistant with the Bulls this fall.

I talked to Steven Bench. He was the best quarterback out there yesteday like he was in last year's spring game. He hopes to stay. He loves USF and Tampa. But if Quenton gets announced as the Starter by Taggart instead of him this week he will have no choice transfer so he can play his senior year. He gave it his all. He's to be commended, he's all Bull.

I also still believe Mike White will transfer, the gap between Flowers/Bench and mike is huge right now , white running and scrambling is bad, and he threw 2 ints. Great kid, but I believe Taggart has finally moved on. It's too bad, Mike is great for the program but he's a better fit for another offense elsewhere. He loves USF the school, but writing is on the wall. He still had the best arm in the team by far, he could be used in prostyle somewhere. Big ups to Mike.

Well come out with only one schollie program in spring in Flowers, pretty sure of that after yesterday's convos.

Best player on either side was Tashon Whitehurst. Beast. He was a maniac, all over the field. 19 tackles, double everyone else. Shedding blocks left right, killing the run game. It would be criminal if he doesn't start.

Best players on offense yesterday, Darius Tice and Chase Whitehead. Chase Whitehead is the best pure receiver on team, catches everything. Gets open, he deserves a scholly. Also tells you what a bust the scholly was have been with Tyre McCants and so forth in Taggart's 3 classes and transfers. Legree is too slow does not get open. I do believe Rodney Adams is the best weapon in this offense besides Marlon Mack despite not having the best hands. I think he'll break the most overall yards for a receiver in USF history next year, he also think he'll break the singles season receiving tecord. Just by sheer touches. He's going to get the ball alot, will be a Harvin of sorts on offense if doesn't hurt his ankle again.

Offense, pass game, and qb play was horrendous yesterday. The offense that Taggart has put together again this year is a complete mess. Lack of accuracy, execution. Flowers missed on most of his throws, so did everyone else. Was Next To Flowers, might be 5'9 1/2, he couldn't see over the line just flings it up for grabs passes over 8 yards. Underrated arm, but can't see or get the ball deep. Also all floaters, there would be lots of picks this season if he's the qb. But he is running and moving better. Not really a true qb, but could run a Denard Robinson pat white type offense, which this isnt. This is a skip Holtz dink and dunk passes over the middle and flats, with out the outside fades and outside passes.

Beatiful day, fan turnout and enthusiasm was love during spring. 3000 with cars and dogs. Much More Attendance At Soccer Games I attended. They could probably fit next year's crowd in Corbett if they added 8000 left side bleacher seats.

Our back 6 is going to be terrific, I live the Tom Allen hire and they swarming every run and pass, this defense is going to cause alot of turnivers. Bruce Hector got hurt, d tackle is kind of thin since Eric Mayes is not ready to contribute. James Hamilton is the 1st sub, after Hector off the bench.

The leader of the defense Nigel Harris and billboard golden boy is out suspended indefinitely. This defense needs him and Whitehurst as starters. Tajee Fullwood had a great game, Byrd was a little quiet but he will bring it this fall.

This post was edited on 3/29 2:34 PM by southfloridabull

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News