ADVERTISEMENT

USF Basketball this upcoming 2015 season and what do you think it holds?

Jan 3, 2013
Sounds like Bulls fans will get their wish as I have a feeling we will have a new Starting Point Guard in either Roddy Peters or Dinero Mercurius if he doesn't transfer (peters who according to Russ is a project that can't shoot unless he dramatically improves). I'm hopeful on Peters though that he's improved and while it doesn't sound like he's the impact player we need, I'm sure he can run a team and play solid defense.

With AC leaving we are looking at a starting lineup of Roddy Peters, Troy Holston, Nehemias Morillo, Bo Zeigler, and Ruben Guerrero. 4 out of those 5 starters just lost to one of the worst teams in the nation by 20 points. I did not hear why Chris Perry Is Done With Basketball At USF. No other players are transferring for now I've heard, though I have a feeling Antigua will tell Clayton hes not good enough and outside chance dinero comes back (I personally like Dinero and hope he stays, plays d the right way), and I think his hands are tied with cousins if he wants to gain control of the teams respect and build the right culture like I'm sure he wants to. Despite whatever promises he made to boogie cousins.

Our bench looks like Jahmal Mcmurray, Dinero Mercurius, and Luis Santos. I personally see no way Tulio Silva makes it in seeing the wild gamble they took on the past year on Montero that failed and Da Silva and his coaches going hush hush, smells prep or juco all the way. That would be potentially 5 more scholarships available after Santos and Mcmurray.

With as bad and average things are going with recruiting can't put all our eggs into the John Carlos basket and Ty Outlaw. Virginia visited Lula last night.

This is not Orlando antiguas first recruiting rodeo, but right now his recruiting is way below Heath recent recruiting success and rankings his last 2 years grabbing Corey Allen, Troy Holston, Chris Perry, even our least ranked current Bo Zeigler (who was ranked much higher than Santos and Mcmurray, and Egbunu who is going to be a draft pick next year with the Gators.

Unless he finishes with a bang this recruiting class for 2015, next year's record and attendance is looking to be even worse as we currently project to last place next year.

The good news is if Antigua can land a couple of stud impact players this class to surround Holston with, I believe Holston will lead the American in scoring next year and 3 point shooting next year. His confidence is on full blast again, he knows he can shoot and score on a high level.Antigua is all in on Holston because he's a scorer and key to local recruiting efforts and Holston knows he's already home and has know here else to go unless he proves himself here. Antigua also quite Dominican head coach job, and will practice take the team internationally this summer as he chose to use his once every 4 year option.

Looking forward to hear Russ state of USF Basketball recruiting 2015 and 2016 and what new targets are in the cross hairs to replace the majority of USF'S points and production they're losing in Corey Allen, AC, and Chris Perry.

This post was edited on 3/2 11:54 PM by southfloridabull

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News