ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING Rivals150 PG Jaye Nash talks USF offer

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
South Florida head coach Amir Abdur-Rahim offers Rivals150 guard Jaye Nash.

STORY

Something I left out of the story and why.

Nash has a pre-existing relationship with William Small. It was during our conversation that he mentioned that Small is joining CAAR's staff at USF. I couldn't put that in the story since Small hasn't been hired by KSU yet and is under contract to Kennesaw State.

On Coach Small...

"One of the assistant coaches, Coach Small, he was at Kennesaw State with Coach Amir there. So, him and my dad are, they're kind of, they've known each other for a little minute. And he's [Small] been recruiting me ever since I was, like, a freshman from for Kennesaw State. And then he, basically, put me on the phone with Coach Amir.

I couldn't really talk to him [Small] as much during my sophomore year because coaches weren't allowed to call. But once I hit my junior year, he just he stayed in touch, he came he came to my workouts. He came to one of our workouts in the morning, before school. So, I realized that not many coaches do that. Also, like, coach Amir got mid major coach of the year, so, if they got another job that'd definitely be something for me to look into. And Coach Small, he's just a great guy and he and my dad have been rocking with each other for a little minute. So I have that connection with him.

On being offered by Penny Hardaway...

It was a surreal moment. He took me in his office and he told me that he offered, that he wanted to offer me a scholarship. And just to just to grow up in Memphis, I've been watching the Tigers ever since I was young, and then knowing that I had an opportunity to play there. It's just surreal and knowing that Penny, Penny Hardaway one of the greatest point guards ever is the one to offer me, it just makes it, makes it even more crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News