ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Notebook 4/12

Kelly Quinlan

Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
So it turns out when Jeff Scott made changes to his staff they also reset the board because I talked to multiple targets this week who have not heard from USF since guys like Wes Neighbors, Coach Jules and coach King left in the offseason.

Here are the kids who are no longer being actively recruited by USF. I pulled each off the offer list as well.

WR- Matthew James (St. Andrews-Boca Raton, FL), he had not been focusing much on recruiting, but coach Wes was his point man and he didn't even know he had left to go to ULL.

WR- Adarrius Harshaw (Cherokee- Canton, GA) was a Georgia kid who was offered in December by coach King, has not heard from USF in three months. He is focused on VT, Kent State, Utah, Charlotte, EMU, UMass, UGA, ECU and a few others.

DT- Timaule Hayes (Eau Gallie-Melbourne, FL) got offered by coach Spencer at the end of January has not heard a peep from USF since the offer. I'm wondering if there is a concern about his grades or if the decision to move the two DT commits from 2021 to take those 2022 and save any additional spots for an elite guy who they are unlikely to get like Gabe Dindy.

RB- Chase Gillespie (Godby-Tallahassee, FL) I removed just because he isn't that interested

OL- Austin Firestone (Niceville, FL) is going P5, he is locking all his visits, don't expect USF to get one same with Leyton Nelson (Boone-Orlando, FL) and Riley Quick (Hewitt Trussville- Trussville, AL)

On the QB side Braden Davis (Lake Minneola- Mineola, FL) and Braedyn Locke (Rockwall, TX) are not coming to USF. That leaves Khalib Johnson who I think they have a really good shot at landing on his OV and Connor Harrell is leaning toward a P5, Nebraska is on him hard.

DT Jamari Lyons (Viera, FL) blew up and USF is out of the mix there now. He is deciding Oct. 6th.

CB Chris Graves still his USF very much in the mix, despite blowing up, the staff has done a nice job with this one, I expect they will take two CBs in this class with Jordy Lowery being one. I put in a futurecast for him to USF.

I don't think USF gets Kamari Wilson, but they could get both Elijah Davis (Auburndale, FL) Leader and Trevon Howard (IMG Academy-Bradenton, FL) TOP 5. Right now I only project USF to take one safety in this class and that is Davis.

Jeff Scott keeps hinting this could be a historically small class and by the looks of it, he could be right.

I'll be at the Rivals Miami camp this weekend so hopefully I'll have some good updates on USF targets from there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News