ADVERTISEMENT

Grady: "I was dead set on USF... but USF Staff did not seem to have mutual feeling"

Jan 3, 2013
Florida Gators got Josh Grady and Luke Del Rio as quarterback transfers today, McElvain hustling goes from 2 Scholls quarterbacks to compete to 4. Taggart and staff didn't want him. He'll be a great leader in the clubhouse if anything even if he doesn't win starting position, and be one of the best recruiters (and someday coach) along with his Dad during and after his playing days the Gators has ever seen.

Josh Grady said this afternoon he really wanted to a Bull and was dead seat on USF, but USF did not not want him and showed no mutual interest.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gators/ex-armwood-qb-josh-grady-transferring-to-florida/2229877

"He said he'll compete for the starting quarterback job after playing both behind center and at receiver for Vandy.

"Mentally, I was dead set on USF for a while," Grady, who has an economics degree, said in a text message Friday to theTampa Bay Times.

"But once Vanderbilt compliance gave me permission to communicate with USF, the USF staff didn't really seem to have a mutual feeling, while the whole University of Florida organization seemed very intent on having myself as part of their program.""

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News