ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING Emanuel Sharp update (now with Covid news)

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
Just before 10 p.m. Friday night Derrick Sharp text me that USF assistant coach Scott Wagers called to make sure the number he had for Emanuel was correct and that the Bulls will call Emanuel Sharp on Monday June 15. Hopefully, Brian Gregory himself makes that call and hopefully it happens right at Midnight.

June 15 is the first day Division I basketball coaches are allowed to contact members of the 2022 class.

On Thursday I spoke with Derrick Sharp -- head coach at Bishop McLaughlin, former Bull and father of Emanuel Sharp.

Sharp holds offers from USF, Florida, SMU and Texas Tech. During our Thursday conversation Derrick told me that Houston, SMU, Miami and Maryland had already called to say that they will be calling Emanuel on June 15. Derrick also told me that UCF recently called to establish a relationship but did not indicate if they were calling on June 15.

Throughout the day on Friday Derrick texted me that Georgia, Georgia Tech and Rutgers reached out to him during the day about calling Emanuel on Monday. Georgia assistant Chad Dollar, who was a teammate of Derrick Sharp at USF and was on Brian Gregory's initial USF coaching staff, will be Georgia's lead recruiter for Emanuel.

Apparently Rex Desvaristes, the Athletic Director at Bishop McLaughlin, has emailed some college coaches some video on Emanuel as well as academic info. I know he that Desvaristes contacted the Houston staff.

I told @BMcCool yesterday that I believe that USF can land Emanuel Sharp but he is not going to commit to USF just because he lives in Tampa and his dad played at USF. The Bulls' coaches gotta get all up in this recruitment. Gotta get under it, on top of it and on all sides of it to get it done.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News