ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING Devin Butts Update

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
I reached out to Devin Butts' father Derek via text message today to get an update on where things stand.

Butts visited Mississippi State this past weekend and his visits are now complete. In addition to MSU, Butts also visited Georgia State, USF and Wichita State.

Derek said that they (his family) are all glad that part of the process is complete and that Devin "will probably commit later this week. We're having conversations about it nightly."

I asked him if any school had separated themselves from the pack and he replied "Right now they're all right there. I should know more tomorrow hopefully."

Last week I asked Derek if Bulls' assistant coach Larry Dixon was doing a good job recruiting his son and he said "Yes he is.... he's doing an AWESOME JOB!! I love those guys, they're really truthful people."

Right now I think his choice is going to be Mississippi State. I have not put in a Rivals FutureCast pick for Butts yet, but I am leaning that way. I did notice that Ole Miss reporter Russell Johnson put in a pick for Mississippi State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News