ADVERTISEMENT

BullsGold....Setting the Record Straight, I Hope!

bullsgold

Taurus
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Daphne, AL
www.doctordonellis.com
I remember lasting out the last few months on the old Scout site with BP, ChiTown, USF94, MtMed, USFDave, and a few other die hards clinging for life with moderate Larry (Beach). The other moderator, Josh Newberg, left our beloved site to move on to supposedly better options at USF 24/7, and shortly later to FSU24/7. Rivals, at the time, was sucking wind in regards to most things USF, not because it was a lesser site, but because it lacked the quality Scout members who posted with the same fervor it took to build the previous site. We all knew it was our little group that could help our product, the USF Bulls football team grow to new unparalleled heights! I think we accomplished that, God look at those great years of success. But we're not finished!

I remember the hustle I had to do to try to coax a few of you guys as Scout members that were left as well as the ones who opted to the newer USF site at 24/7, to come to this site!

Over the years I hope our relationship initially as a mere member has evolved into more than a membership, but today as actual friends and fanatics for the program we love, the USF Bulls!

Recently it has been implied that I no longer am supportive of this team, "not all in" is exactly what was said. Personally - and I am not speaking for Matt - but myself, and am pretty pissed off reading my supposed lack of passion for all things USF sports. My passion should not be in question here. No one asked me why I might cancel, just assumed something.

From Kelly, "The reason why is people like yourself to be honest who are not all in on their team. You and Bullsgold who keeps canceling and uncanceling his sub are prime examples of the issue facing USF as they try to grow the product."

I have no idea why a moderator would qualify my passion or any one else's for that matter, when, he, himself has already explained he and Russ aren't fans only moderators. "We are not fans but we obviously want USF Athletics to be successful," I believe was his response. Sorry, but Russ is definitely a fan.

I want others here both new and old to Rivals USF to understand that a member like myself is NOT a "prime example(s) of the issue facing USF as they try to grow the product," but as a strong member who puts positive reinforcement into most every post as well as post in a manner becoming to this site. I am not a dysfunction to this site!

It's been brought up by many here on this site, not me mind you, that many of the yearly season ticket holders were upset and pretty ticked off that they were already "subscribed" for next years football season during around the 8th week of the season, meaning they would have to pay for not only the rest of this season, but many of you are already forced to become 2023 season ticket holders. You guys were pretty ticked off. Many still are.

Well being a Rivals member has the same not so friendly "benefits". If any member has prepaid for a full years membership you are on the hook for the entire year, regardless if you want to leave today. There is no pro-rating. Fine with me. That's Rivals rules. So I go to monthly. Rivals does not tell you when you are close to the monthly deadline, because they don't have one, they again reserve the right to bump your membership to month to month. The only other option anyone has is to cancel altogether, or sign up month to month.

First of all, I don't keep on canceling my subscription here. I did around a year ago for a few months, and came back. I've been on this site for decades, or damn well close to it.

When I came back I explained that I felt the need to leave, not due to content posted by Kelly and Russ, but because the site had become to toxic with negativity from some of its members. I want the site to be successful, but I have no idea how any business can have anything but remote success when threads are riddled by continued negativity, and I expressed my thoughts at the time.

I'm more frustrated because it appears moderators can possibly use the same databases to review any canceled or upcoming canceled contracts and then post faulty information about a member before verifying their stance with said member. I haven't canceled anything - not yet - but for some odd reason the entire site knows my private information regarding my membership. I'm a healthcare provider and I'm pretty sure HIPPA laws do not allow me to give out a patients information unless allowed by that patient.

I guess I don't like it when somebody takes pot shots at me either. And I'm sure as shit I'm not the reason this site is not the way some people might want it, I sure wasn't expecting to be under the bus and rolled back over when I woke up this morning reading this horse shit.

Lastly, as I mentioned before, I post on this site to hopefully make an improvement to it, and Kelly, no disrespect to you, I'm okay with the information given by you and Russ. My canceling my contract, if that happens, has more to do with where the site is going, not where it has been. If it's not going in the right direction and I felt in my heart and soul that I'm not being of service to this site, then nobody needs to tell me anything. I'll move on. If the site wants to burn the program down, then, I guess, the members can go that direction.

I believe that it does matter how those who post makes or breaks the site. I've run a business for over thirty years and never have seen one business become successful telling employees they are ignorant, failures, and not successful. It just doesn't happen that way.

Were all just clowns in the back of the bus hoping today is going to be our day!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News