ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING Two guards USF will likely offer

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
Prospects in the class of 2022 haven't played the first game of their freshman season yet, but there are two kids at Seminole (Sanford, Fla.) High School who are already getting high major attention. The are Demari Henderson and Ja'Cari Henderson, aka The Henderson Twins.

Believe it or not, I was originally told about them TWO years ago. My response at the time was "Thanks for the info. I don't go to middle school games because I just don't have an audience for a write-up on kids that young, but do keep me posted about them."

Yesterday I made the drive to Sanford after an invite to watch them workout with their teammates.

It was worth the drive. The Henderson twins were very impressive during the workout. The two guards play hard ALL the time. They can dribble, pass and shoot it. They have great court vision and are very good passers with a nice feel for the game. They are both quite bouncy as well.

Turns out, I wasn't the only one there to watch them. I noticed an assistant coach from LSU, Oregon and UCF, while UF sent two assistant coaches (one of which was their associate head coach). From my vantage point I could tell that the coaches loved what they saw from the twins as much as I did.

I did overhear the UCF assistant say "If the NCAA let me, I would come to this school every morning and bring these kids some breakfast."

After the coaches left, I asked Mr. Henderson if any of the coaches offered. He said no, but he was not surprised, since they haven't played a high school game yet.

The twins were among 87 players invited to the USA Basketball Junior Team October Mini-Camp. The Mini-Camp included participants in the classes of 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022, and was held at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. They performed well enough to earn an invite to the USA Basketball Junior Team Camp in April.

To my knowledge USF has not sent a coach to Seminole HS yet to see the Twins, but something tells me that could change.

8091b818-8831-4569-b408-7aab0eb06e66-original.jpg

Ja'Cari (left) and Demari Henderson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News