ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING There is some growing chatter that...

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
...Iowa State transfer Dudley Blackwell (Miami, Fla.) wing is down to USF and Houston. At least that is the word from some people in South Florida...and by that I mean geographically in South Florida.

Blackwell played in 11 games, averaging 9.7 minutes and 1.6 points per game and made 1-of-7 (14.3 percent) three-pointers. He registered a DNP in 13 games. The 6-foot-6, 215-pounder had a well traveled HS career. Blackwell attended Westminster Academy (Ft. Lauderdale), Somerset Academy Charter (Pembroke Pines), Huntington Prep (W.Va.) and Blanche Ely (Pompano Beach).

I'm going to continue to attempt to get more sources on this because, quite frankly, I am very surprised by what I am hearing. Blackwell is a long, lean, athletic wing. Blackwell has some offensive skill and playmaking ability but, unless he improved during his one season at Iowa State, he is an inconsistent shooter with an average motor.

IIRC, Blackwell was once a four-star prospect ranked No. 60 in the Rivals150 for the 2020 class. As you can see by his player card he fell out of the Rivals150 and dropped to three-stars.

To read what I've previously written about Blackwell please click HERE, HERE, and HERE.

Reactions: Craig_ooooh
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News