ADVERTISEMENT

Questions for Russ

Raginbull43

Taurus
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2015
The new guy brybull1970 has led a hardcore attack on CBG. He claims to have sat down for 45 minutes with AD Michael Kelly. Giving the impression that he is a heavy hitter. Is this guy a troll? Another thing. Is Wagers really our assistant basketball coach or is he a troll? I can remember how he was jockeying for the job before CBG hired him. Now he has been highly critical of CBG. That is like biting the hand that feeds you and is pretty close to insubordination in my book.

I just don't see how this diatribe is good for the morale of the players, the coaches or the fans. CBG has brought in some nice players and they get nicer each recruiting cycle. AY was moving towards his old self and wham an lower leg injury. DC with a shoulder injury.

Another thing is I refuse to gang up on a player like DC. He has done a hell of a lot of good for this program and certain know it alls want to bludgeon him. That is a big heaping pile of BULLSHIT imo.

We lost 2 painfully close games and the rats are jumping ship, screaming the end is near. Wichita State is better than advertised imo and Memphis is always one of the top teams in the AAC. This business of fixing in your mind "Who is the team to beat" in the AAC and staying with it rigidly is another big heaping pile. How does a team like Tulsa beat Houston? Maybe they are a better team than the experts thought they were and maybe their coach knows what he is doing. I saw Tulane vs Memphis and the Green wave played them tough right to the end. Who really knows who the team to beat is this early in the season. Teams ebb and flow. All I know is Memphis has a lot of new players that are learning to play together. They will be better when the come to Tampa. I hope the Bulls are too, because they'll have to be to have a chance to win. Memphis has so much player turnover every year that it takes them a while to get on the same page.

I always felt that USF had a chance to be good, but I knew we were short on depth. An injury here or there and the Bulls are in trouble.

This board has always shown little respect for Tulsa. They shouldn't be in the AAC. That is another heaping pile. They had a good year in football and Zaven Collins won the Bronco Nagurski Trophy for best defensive player in the Nation. The Tulsa basketball team is tough every year. Their play on the field and the hardcourt has outshone the Bulls over the last 3 years. Then we hear "Well we are in an important TV metro area". I try to watch these teams in the AAC every time I can. They are fun to watch.

Look what over-hyping the SEC did to Florida against Oklahoma. Everyone knocks the Big12 defenses. The Sooners had the Gators number. Kyle Pitts, Kadarius Toney, Trevon Grimes and Marco "shoe toss king" Wilson opted out. Florida's offense was like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest and their defense was it's usual hapless self. Big12 teams aren't alone in listening to the SEC's constant bragging. If you're good, you don't have to brag. Your play does your bragging for you.

Maybe I'm way off base. I know if I am, you guys will expain it to me.

Reactions: Craig_ooooh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News