ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Post USF Camp Notes 6/11

Kelly Quinlan

Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
Overall I was impressed by the vibe and where everyone is at. The kids are very excited about the upcoming season and everyone is on the Gerry Bohanon train if he wins the job. I really like Travis Trickett, he is a HUGE upgrade over Charlie Weis Jr in every imaginable way both on and off the field. His brother Clint was also out there coaching the camp so that was fun to see. Coach Scott was maybe in the best mood I've seen him in at one of these camps. Overall it was really talented group weather was less than ideal and guys fought through it.

Here are the guys that impressed me

OFFENSE

QBs:

Colbey did well, I'm sure they wanted to get eyes on him before offering and he did what he needed to. Very solid all-around QB.

He did a very solid job and seemed to impressed the staff, I didn't notice a ton of his reps because they had four QBs going at once in two different directions.

I thought of the young QBs he stood out to me, good size and threw a lively ball

RBs- USF is done at RB for the 2023 class so I focused on 2024 targets

He did really well, I would not be shocked if he is a future offer guy especially if he has a strong JR season. He was behind a SR last year and did not get the workload he can handle. Very versatile back with good size and built really well.

Even younger RB who looked good, Iowa State recently jumped in, looks older than a 2025, very likely to be a national recruit if he keeps building himself up.

I didn't see a ton of him, he did enough clearly to get an early offer from USF though.

WRs:

Plays bigger than he is, uses his body really well to get separation and make plays on the ball. Has tremendous hands

Doesn't do anything spectacular, but he just makes plays and catches everything. This is my third time seeing him in less than a month and he has not dropped a catchable ball in front of me.

From a large group of underclassmen, he stood out to me. USF jumped in early on him as well.

TEs

I did not see any TEs I thought were offer guys.

OL

Tough kid, moves well, likes to be coached. He is driving to Kansas tomorrow after they drove back today from USF to the Panhandle so he can camp there and work with that OL coach. Kid really enjoys being coached and he did really well.

He is what I like to call Miami skinny, he needs to add weight, was like 245ish today, but he can play, good OT prospect with good feet.

I was not super overwhelmed by Ramey, the other OLs outshined him on the list, but he did okay. He stood out a lot more in camp last summer as an underclassmen and I think that is when they offered as I recall.

Of the young guys Abe Diallo from Jefferson did a good job, no rivals page just yet for him. Another guy who is under the radar that did well is from Harlem HS (Ga.) OL Matthew Williams 2023. He is a bit of a sleeper.

Reactions: Craig_ooooh
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News