ADVERTISEMENT

How's your game-day experience?

TFabrizio

Brahman
Gold Member
Aug 21, 2021
Team competitiveness and schedule quality will be the two biggest driving forces in attendance at the new stadium. Not far behind is the fan experience, and I hope USF finds a way to improve that.

I’ve been to hundreds of college football games, and I’ve always thought there was no better atmosphere in sports. The atmosphere at USF games has some cool elements like the green lighting, but it also has elements that are unbearable, like the over-hyped and incessant yelling by the PA announcers and four thousand PSAs. You can’t manufacture excitement. Let the game create it. No need to fill every second with noise.

The NCAA needs to take a hard look at the slow pace of games and the ridiculously long timeouts for instant replays and frequency of media timeouts. If the games can’t be sped up, people are going to watch from home on their 70-inch TVs with fast-forward. Or the kids are going to tune out and head to the clubs early.

My (now) wife and I have gone to about nine games over the last three years, and we’ll go to a few this year. We’ve yet to make it past the middle of the third quarter. Tone down the screaming and speed up the games. No need to wait til 2027. This team ought to be pretty interesting this year.

Reactions: DJBulls
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.