ADVERTISEMENT

Football Numbering

USF_Dave

Taurus
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2015
I may have missed it, but I was just checking the roster and noticed new numbers. Johnny Ford is now #1. If that keeps him happy and on the field, so be it.

Anyways, I've always complained about double-numbering between guys who could theoretically end up on the same special teams unit. At least twice in the CJL days I recall getting penalties for it, and that continues with Zion Roland and KJ Sails sharing #9 (I guess that means a few things- Roland isn''t going back to defense, and apparently we're just letting anyone wear #9 regardles of whether they've earned it). #10 is shared by Kelly Joiner and D Evans, and #15 is shared by Jayden Curry and Jernard Phillips.

More interestingly, there are at least two situations where two guys from the same side of the ball share a number. Devontres Dukes and Auggie Dibiase share #18- probably very unlikely they would share the field, but MacArthur Burnett and Dave Small share #21, and both of those guys seem like players who could conceivably end up on ST. Small has played RB in the past, but is listed at RB, and in any event, he's a bowling ball type who could play punt or kick coverage, while Burnett seems like someone who would be in the mix at gunner.

And yes, I'm bored.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News