ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Coach Search Rumor Mill No. 6

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
The main part of the Rumor Mill today is that the hot board is in the process of being updated. Barring some new intel between now and publication of the updated hot board, we will be removing Missouri Associate Head Coach Charlton 'CY' Young and Utah State Head Coach Ryan Odom.

We feel pretty good about the overall accuracy of the hot board. It almost goes without saying but, nobody from South Florida is sharing the names with us. Our hot board is a best estimate of everything we've been able to put together based on what we've heard from sources and some common sense. I think it's a good guideline to what's going on, but there can always be surprises.

Late Sunday night a source told me that Kennesaw State Head Coach Amir Abdur-Rahim was on USF's campus recently. Unfortunately this source was not 100 percent sure when this happened, but thinks it was last week.

I do believe there's another name out there that USF at least is gauging interest on.

Where is Chris Capko on Michael Kelly's list? Is he in the top group? I wish I knew. I do know know that Capko interviewed early in this process and that his agent spoke with USF. Capko has been on the previous three hot boards and will be on hot board v4.0.

I will be on campus Tuesday for Alex Golesh's weekly press conference. I'll also stop by the basketball office to see if I can overhear anything new and noteworthy. My understanding is that starting this week, the current coaching staff will be putting players through workouts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News