ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Baseball is Matching Football and MBB Futility

That kind of guy needs an extension.
He earned another one game extension. All joking aside, Kelly is looking for any sign of life so he doesn't have to fire his THIRD coach within 16 months of giving an extension.

He earned another one game extension. All joking aside, Kelly is looking for any sign of life so he doesn't have to fire his THIRD coach within 16 months of giving an extension.
I don't mind him earning a few more one game extensions. I dunno why he can be so weak in regular season and then in the conference tournament he's a giant problem for everyone.

Reactions: Rob-Bull
I don't mind him earning a few more one game extensions. I dunno why he can be so weak in regular season and then in the conference tournament he's a giant problem for everyone.
Honestly I'd rather make the post season than have a inflated regular season and flame out in the tourney.

Give credit where credit is due. If he wins the conference tourney he should come back next year.

Honestly I'd rather make the post season than have a inflated regular season and flame out in the tourney.

Give credit where credit is due. If he wins the conference tourney he should come back next year.
I agree. Unless we all remember he is only two years removed from winning the 2021 AAC championship and regional with a loss to UT in the Super Regional.

Reactions: Titanson1983
Saturday they'll play either ECU or UCF again. I think.
They're 2 wins away from making a regional. I'm not sure what the worst record is ever to make a regional but we've got to be close.
Who cares. If the baseball coach is going to the regionals every year, then you retain him. If mohl makes the wins 2 more wins you keep him. Easy decision

Reactions: brybull1970
Who cares. If the baseball coach is going to the regionals every year, then you retain him. If mohl makes the wins 2 more wins you keep him. Easy decision
I mean there is some smoke and mirrors here though. Baseball is an aggregate sport- it's why the one-game wild card is silly. The hot streak is nice, but we know this isn't truly a good team- last place is last place, and that's following on last year's last place.

If he wins the conference tournament, then obviously he comes back, but his seat should remain very hot for next season.

It's a one dimensional team. It can knock the cover off the ball, but pitching has been terrible. I know they had some injuries, but i thought pitching was speciality?

We are in a good position, but we can just was easily lose two game in a row, without batting an eye.

IMO, USF cannot be faulted for firing him. It is just a question whether we want to spend the money at the expense of football or hoops?

IMO, USF cannot be faulted for firing him. It is just a question whether we want to spend the money at the expense of football or hoops?
Does anyone know Mohl's buyout? My guess is that it probably is a drop in the bucket compared to football and basketball. Put differently, it should be a drop in the bucket compared to those two.

If mohl doesnt win the tournament then they need to fire him.
Well 4 players who could have come back to play this year were drafted and signed 3 being our best pitchers and the other our best hitter. And 4 of the teams top recruits for this year also were drafted and signed pro contracts. There are some very good sophmores and freshmen on this team we just simply dont have the pitching. From what I understand we have the 2nd best class coming in as far as conference goes for next year but then again are they going to get drafted and sign. But I hope Mohl at least gets another year and see if he can get this team in a good place. Mohl brought in 19 new players this year and with that many new faces it took him awhile to find out who should be playing and who should have been sitting.

Billy mohl fighting for his job lol
The fighting Mohl's

Oh Hello Wildlife GIF by BBC Earth

Nothing like going up 4-0 in the top half of the inning to then give up a grand slam in the bottom half.

History was made today by USF. No AAC team has ever come out of the winner's bracket and lost twice on Saturday of the AAC tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT