ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Too Early Possibilities for the USF job

Kelly Quinlan

Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
Here are my top guys right now just off the top of my head.

-Deion Sanders (Jackson St) you make him say no and he will move the needle and is exactly what USF needs a real Willie Taggart who is a smarter person and a better coach.

-Alex Golesh (Tenn OC) part of the brain trust of a prolific Vols offense, calls plays unlike Scott did and is viewed as a sharp mind and future HC. Knows the recruiting ground from UCF

-DJ Durkin (TAMU DC) one of the better defensive minds in CFB, got a bit of a raw deal at Maryland, but would kill it with recruiting in the area and would have tougher teams.

-Tom Allen (Indiana HC) he is doing the Lord’s work at an impossible job at IU there and he was the last person to have a half decent defense at USF. He would kill it recruiting.

-Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina) great coach, keeps getting bypassed for bigger jobs maybe he needs to roll the dice somewhere new. He can coach.

-Matt Rhule (unemployed) Rhule did a great job at Temple and can seriously coach and is a great fit in college.

-Bill O’Brien (Bama OC) he wants to get back into running his own program. He did a great job at Penn St and has done well at Bama as well. He has been waiting for a bigger job but that hasn’t materialized yet.

-Tyson Helton (WKU) guy can coach flat out and is a great

Guys I wouldn’t hire but MK might like

Phil Longo UNC OC, he puts up numbers but isn’t a HC imo.

Larry Scott (Howard) folks will throw his name around but the risk/reward is too high IMO to roll that dice right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News