ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Some insight on CAAR rumors

Kelly Quinlan

Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
Obviously ADMK is working hard to keep CAAR at USF and build for next year. The only job right now with any real heat that is seriously interested is Vanderbilt. Their AD loves CAAR per sources close to the Vandy program and is pushing the idea of him. Their money people want Chris Mack and think CAAR isn’t ready for the jump up yet and in their words hasn’t had to recruit kids who need strong academics to get into school. The money people don’t enjoy the free flowing offensive style either. Their words not mind. Don’t shoot the messenger.

My gut says Vandy after screwing around post-Stallings will go with Chris Mack who is a proven winner and also a bit of a dick like Stallings is. That worked there before.

Michigan guys are mentioning him a hair as a down the list guy. I don’t see that one happening.

I’ll keep you posted if anything of substance comes up but I feel pretty good about where USF stands with CAAR and he isn’t aching to jump by the way so even if another school offers him a job he might still not take it.

The one I was actually most concerned about was NC State because I heard his name there and they lack a lot of logical options if they fire Keatts but now he got a two-year automatic extension for winning the ACC Tournament so they are stuck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News