ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING Mohamed Keita commits to Tulsa

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
Mohamed Keita's USF visit has ended. I spoke with him while he was at the airport. He came by himself, not unusual for African players in the portal, said he saw everything he wanted to see but his main focus on the visit was about basketball. Keita is now in decision mode. I asked him if he would be making the decision himself or if he will seek input from someone and he said that he will discuss his options with NBA Africa Academy coaches.

He said that he expects to make an announcement "before the weekend," but I wouldn’t be surprised to see an announcement sometime tomorrow evening.

I asked him about his knee injury while at St. John’s and he said that his right knee swelled up so St. John’s had it scoped and drained the fluid. Nothing was torn and he is ready to go for the next season.

Keita’s relationship with USF assistant coach Desmond Oliver might put USF over the top here. Oliver was the head coach at East Tennessee State and was the first coach to offer Keita when he was in high school. Keita built a relationship with Oliver and visited ETSU before ultimately committing to St. John’s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News