ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Marsh, Marsh, Marsh...and I'm Not Talking the 3rd Month of the Year

bullsgold

Taurus
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Daphne, AL
www.doctordonellis.com
If God himself make a prototype QB, Tre Marsh might be that person. But what has happened to Mr. Marsh? Tre, being the next in line for the most significant position on a football team, looked more like Mr. Marshmallow against Tulane, rather than any potential hero USF most desperately needs. He has a plus arm, and good patience in the pocket, but after that it looks like he's bored to be out there, or that "deer in the head light" look. His predecessor, Gerry Bohanon, after a slow start, has been starting to look like a Robert Griffith lll at Baylor the last few games. Unfortunately, Bohanon is also starting to get injured like RG lll when he played in the NFL. Not all traits are admirable.

Tre Marsh has fallen into a unique position at USF waiting out a disgruntled and pouting Timmy McClain and daddy, this time to "earn" the number two spot behind center. But where does he go from here? Marsh tested the Transfer Portal for a mere two weeks and was gladly accepted back by Coach Jeff Scott. I'm sure Scott said all the right things and welcomed him back, and told him to be ready because, well, you never know. But what has Marsh been doing the past eight months? It looks like he's been getting his understudy from Tom Brady, not the actual Tom Brady, but from the latest Madden 22 Tom Brady, than being mentally and emotionally prepared WHEN HIS TIME COMES at USF!

Well, your time is now Tre. You have got to literally be ready to play each down, full knowing know that GB 1 could go down at any moment. This is not the time to stand there in the pocket and wait for the offensive line to give you five seconds each play. Bohanon had to figure that out, but Marsh has been here for three years, so wake up!

Bohanon is out for the season. Marsh has got to step up and make something out of his situation. If not, he has some pretty good talent willing to take their chances. I'm hoping he wakes up, takes a leadership role, and shows the improvement expected from him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News