ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Bulls Scoop 7/27

Kelly Quinlan

Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
Top S Fred Gaskin (Vanguard- Ocala, FL) will be on campus this weekend and there is some buzz that he might go ahead and pull the trigger on a USF commitment. Some schools have backed off a little due to some top end speed concerns with Gaskin, but he can flat-out play ball.

WR Zy'marion Lang (Palmetto, FL) was back on campus yesterday and our sources indicate that K-State is now out of the mix. I guess he didn't love little Manhattan as much as others do. That leaves USF, Pitt and South Carolina. Some sources think South Carolina and some think Pitt, but ironically my sources at each of those two schools (SC/Pitt) both think SC. My USF sources think if they land Lang it will be later in the cycle and not on his July 30th commitment date.

OL Tyreek Major (Gaither- Tampa, FL) is on commitment watch after his decommitment from FAU. It took him way longer than I expected for him to recommit. I also have OL Frederick Hinton (Port St. Lucie, FL) on commit watch as well.

USF made the top 10 for DE target Elias Williams (Hudson, FL) who has been on campus multiple times.

I found out what is going on with ATH Gregory Smith III (Sumner- Riverview, FL). Basically, he has been a guy several schools including USF are keeping warm. No one I talked to thinks they will take him.

The one spot going a little slow at the moment is the CB position. They have Hasaan Sykes (Tucker, GA) committed, but they are seeking two more CBs. I would not be shocked to see this as a heavy evaluation position this fall and some new names/offers to emerge. It is a thin CB class overall and several other programs are doing the same thing and reevaluating their boards right now at that position.

USF will have a big recruiting event this weekend and we will have coverage and names later in the week.

USF also had two big 2025 targets on campus today

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News