ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING USF Coaches Hit The Recruiting Trail, New Names To Know

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
USF Coaches were out last night evaluating prospects who played in FHSAA Regional Quarterfinal playoff games. Here is a rundown of where they were:

Brian Gregory was in St. Petersburg watching Lakewood junior center Jamille Reynolds. USF has watched him at least twice this season, had him on campus for the USF Elite Camp and he attended last year's USF Team Camp.

Assistant Coach Larry Dixon was in Orlando to watch multiple players in one game:

Junior Malachi Wideman of Sarasota Riverview. An uber athletic two-sport athlete, Wideman was at the Memphis game.

Dixon also kept an eye on 6-foot-2 Sophomore Jalen Smith of Oak Ridge and 6-foot-6 freshman Lewis Jones of Oak Ridge. This was not Dixon's first time out to Oak Ridge to watch these prospects.

Assistant Coach Scott Wagers was at Windermere HS to see sophomore Trey Moss, who we profiled just yesterday.

While at that game Wagers also got a good look at Hagerty HS freshmen Jah Nze who had a game high 27 points and Brice Sensabaugh who had 18. Nze six three-pointers while Sensabaugh connected on four perimeter jumpers.

I was also at that game, it was my third time seeing Moss, and I continue to be impressed by him. It was my first time seeing the two freshman from Hagerty in a HS game. Sensabaugh was nice but Nze was very impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News