ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING Update on Iowa State transfer Luke Anderson

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
Once USF's fall semester is officially over, Mayan Kiir will leave school and the Bulls will have an open scholarship. As we previously reported, the staff is interested in Iowa State freshman transfer Luke Anderson.

Shortly before last night's game Luke Anderson's dad, Eddie, text me "Have had numerous talks with USF. Looks good! He (Luke) still has to finish up there and get his transcripts here." Meaning have his transcripts sent to USF.

Luke Anderson, who grew up 56 miles away from Yuengling Center in Lakeland, entered the transfer portal a few days before the Cyclones first regular season game. The 6-foot-8 Anderson is a versatile former Rivals150 combo forward who is skilled, has a high basketball IQ and can shoot with range.

I told the Eddie that a reporter reached out to me and asked for his or Luke's contact info. So I asked Eddie if was okay for me to share that info.

"At this time no," Eddie Anderson texted. "I want to just wait until we know for sure. Shud [sic] be soon."

If Anderson does transfer to USF he would be able to practice with the team, primarily as a member of the Scout Team, for the remainder of this season. Since he never played in any Iowa State games, nor was even on the roster when the season began, his family is hoping he will be eligible for the entire 2020-21 season and have four seasons of eligibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News