ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING Quiet Period Starts Friday

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
Today is the final day this month that Division I Coaches can go off campus to evaluate, do in-home or in-school visits with prospects. In fact, 41 days will pass before coaches can go off campus to recruit.

A Quiet Period runs May 3 - May 15 and that is followed by a Dead Period from May 16 - May 24 which is then followed by another Quiet Period that runs from May 25 - June 12.

Today the entire USF Coaching staff is on the road.

Coach Dixon is expected at Orlando Christian Prep and DME (Daytona Beach) Academy today. DME Academy has a 7-foot class of 2022 center that I saw in March and I think has a chance to be really good. ELhadji “Mor” Seck. He is mobile, can score around the rim, runs well and plays HARD. Oklahoma State has already offered.

Coach Herrion is in Washington, D.C. He stopped by Episcopal High School in Alexandria, Virginia. While he was there he offered 2021 PG Darius Johnson. I like Johnson, he is a strong lead guard who can score it or distribute it. He has better than average quickness, is a capable shot maker and has a high basketball IQ.

Johnson is an intriguing player to offer because his father is this guy ---> LINK

Coach Gregory and Coach Wagers are in South Florida to see Yussif Basa-Ama and to stop by Dillard HS. I haven't heard of interest in any Dillard players but if my source is correct and they are at Dillard, they are probably there to see 6-foot-8 center Jalen Haynes. A lanky, mobile, lefty big, Haynes scores mostly around rim, has good length & good hands. He is not an elite level athlete but does have decent basketball instincts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News