ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING Potential new name to know

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
Got a tip that Bulls assistant coach Larry Dixon was at The Rock (Gainesville, FL) School Saturday to watch the annual Gatortown Hoops Classic presented by The Grind Session. My source indicates that coach Dixon was impressed with 6-foot-10, 230-pound class of 2020 center Valentin Catt from Houston, Texas. Somehow Catt made his way to Florida and is at the Potter's House Christian Academy in Jacksonville.

When I texted an assist coach at Potter's House about Catt the reply I got was "Yeah he's good." Some coaches are verbose.

Catt holds offers from Stetson, James Madison, Milwaukee, New Orleans, Oral Roberts, Tulsa and McNeese State. Below are two highlight videos. The first is from last year with his Houston Defenders team and the second one is from his junior year of high school in Texas. Several of the games in that video are against a team of midgets.

I'll have to do more snooping around on this one. For now USF has not offered but I'll keep an ear to the streets to see where, if anywhere, this goes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News