ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING Local big man on Bulls' radar

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
Today I was checking in with a few in-state high school coaches and learned that 2020 Admiral Farragut Academy center John Ojiako took an unofficial visit to USF today.

"They like him," Farragut head coach Julian Allen said about the USF coaches before adding "I didn't know their head coach worked with Tom Izzo for ten years.

Ojiako, a native of Ngieria, played his first season at Farragut last season after arriving from Maryland. He had been under the radar until the live evaluation period in April when he had a nice weekend playing with Team Thrill in the Under Armour Association in Kansas City.

Since then he picked up offers from the likes of Pittsburgh, Rhode Island, LSU, and Virginia Tech.

Ojiako has good length and athleticism, runs well, is a good finisher around the rim and I like how
he rebounds outside of his area. Ojiako's offensive skills do need improvement but he is making progress in that area.

The issue is that Ojiako is leaning towards reclassifying up to the 2019 class. USF, however, is currently at the full 13 scholarship limit.

"They like him in 2019 but they said that they would need scholarship room," Allen said of the USF staff.

Allen went on to say that Ojiako will probably take a couple of official visits after the dead period is over on May 25.

Reactions: ChiTownBull1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News