ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS RECRUITING Bulls transfer target closing in on a decision?

Russ Wood

Taurus
Staff
Oct 12, 2011
I spoke with Corey Walker Sr. and he told me that not only is USF showing the most love to his son, Tennessee transfer forward Corey Walker Jr., but USF is the leader in his son's recruitment.

He went on to say that he believes his son will make his decision within the next five days.

Walker Sr. said that his son is not “blind to the stigma” surrounding USF. He also told me that his son realizes that if the Bulls do not show improvement in the 2021-22 season that a new coaching staff will likely be hired. Walker Sr. said that his son "just likes USF." He added that his son knows Bayron Matos and that the two players have been talking about playing together at USF for about two weeks. Which also means that Matos, who announced his commitment to USF eight days ago, made up his mind to transfer to USF about a week before he announced his commitment.

In addition to the Bulls, Walker Sr. confirmed that Middle Tennessee State, UCF, UNLV, Utah and Xavier are the principal suitors for his son.

Walker Sr. is leaving for Missouri on Thursday, with the travel team he coaches, for the Kansas City Classic. He said his son will be traveling with the team and will let me know if something goes down.

Walker Jr. was the No. 68 ranked player in the class of 2020. If he commits to the Bulls he will become the second highest ranked player, behind Caleb Murphy, to come to USF in the Rivals era.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News