ADVERTISEMENT

Brown and something to watch

OmniscientBull

Taurus
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2019
Probably doesn’t mean much and yes haters will bitch because it doesn’t fit the narrative but I think Brown has a sophomore slump or something as he looks to be really struggling throwing the ball

Pre-game vs BCC he looked bad. Missing guys, throwing behind, etc.

BCC game he missed several throws

Pre-game Bama I did not pay attention

Bama between series when he would warm up throwing to a receiver that was catching for Archie who would then throw back….Brown’s receiver was constantly having to reach or move whereas Archie’s receiver was able to stay stationary. These are easy throws but Brown seemed to struggle to deliever the ball to the target.

Bama game, yes it was a very talented D but he missed several wide open throws even when not hurried. Overthrew two likely TDs and threw behind many receivers. Had opportunities to throw the ball away a few times and ate it. Should have been picked a few times.

Not bitching about him but he definitely dies not seem to be the Brown I was expecting and looks like me has regressed from last season.

We’ve got to find a way to get him on track. Calling 5 or 6 straight runs for him is not going to continue to work. We’ve got to get the long ball working and get the shorter timing routes cleaned up.

I will complain about the play calling though. It leaves a lot to be desired. Need to incorporate a slant or some other quick shots inside the 5. We can’t continue with the runs up the middle from the 5 crap.

I feel sorry for our D who just got wore out. Down 1 in the 4th told my wife we’d lose by 3 scores as you could see the D wilting. Not fair to them that the offense is not carrying their own weight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.